Apply directly to Reaseheath
Floristry can offer many opportunities from creating bespoke floral designs to shop and window dressing, or if you enjoy travel, why not see the world as a florist on board a cruise ship?
The level 4 floristry course is aimed at experienced florists who want to progress to management level and combines creative floristry skills with business acumen.
Educated to Level 3 in Floristry or with relevant work experience
Awarded by City and Guilds NPTC
Part-time: 300 learning hours
What will I study?
The course is made up of 10 modules (or units) including:
- Botanical Concepts and Practices for Floristry
- Business Practices for Floristry
- Design Concepts for Floristry
- Floral Event Practices
- Historical Studies for Floristry
- Marketing and Promotion Practices for Floristry
- Technical Floristry Skills –Designs in Mediums
- Technical Floristry Skills – Design Trends
- Technical Floristry Skills –Tied Designs
- Technical Floristry Skills –Wired and Glued Designs
The course is assessed through a combination of integrated assignments, written and practical examination.
- Educated to Level 3 in Floristry or with relevant work experience
- Awarded by City and Guilds NPTC
- Level 5 Master Diploma in Professional Floristry
- Florist shop owner
- Bespoke floral design
- Floral display
- Freelance florist
As a Higher Education student you will have two main costs to meet; your tuition fees and living costs. Tuition fees are charged for each academic year of a course and are set by the college annually. Visit the student finance pages on our website for the latest information on tuition fees.
You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees.
The Advanced Learner Loans could help you study on a course or support you in a change of career.
Tuition fee loans are now available to those aged over 19 years old and who wish to study at Level 4, to provide a clear route to develop high-level technical and professional skills.
Advanced Learner Loans have been introduced to help you pay for some or all of your tuition.
- You don’t pay back a penny until your income is over £25,000 a year
- No credit checks and a low interest rate
- Your household income isn’t taken into account
- Enhanced employability – fast-track your career
Who can apply?
To qualify for a loan you need to be:
- Starting a relevant course on or after 1st August 2019
- Aged 19 or over at the start of your course*
- Resident in the UK for the past 3 years
- A UK national or having “settled status” in the UK
- You can still apply for a loan if you are unemployed
*Subject to final Government confirmation
When you can apply?
You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan (formerly known as the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan) from May 2019 for courses starting on or after 1st August 2019. Please do not apply until you have received your Learning & Funding Information Letter from the college.
How to apply?
Visit the Student Finance England site.
All first year students are guaranteed a place in our halls of residence which are all based on campus. For full details on our halls of residence visit the accommodation pages on our website.
We have a team of dedicated professionals on hand to offer you support when and if you need it during your time with us. These include our Student Services team, Higher Education Support Team (HEST), Library and Learning Resources and the Reaseheath Careers Service. You will find more information on the support provided at Reaseheath here.
Before you apply you can come and visit us at one of our HE Open Events to see what we have to offer. Once we have received your application we will invite you to attend an Offer Holder Day.
Applications for full-time Degrees and Foundation Degrees are made through UCAS www.ucas.com. Applications for all other full-time courses such as Access to HE and Level 4 Diplomas should be made directly to Reaseheath via the online application form. You can find out more here.
Modules can be studied as part of a Continuing Professional Development programme.
I knew very early on that I had made the right decision in enrolling at Reaseheath. The tutors are all incredibly talented and nothing short of inspirational.
They encourage their students to dream big, to fulfil their potential. They have given me a springboard to incredible opportunities and the confidence to pursue my goals. Life shouldn’t be static, it should be about growth, development and change.
Karen Cope Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry