Apply directly to Reaseheath
This course is aimed at ambitious florists who wish to develop their commercial floristry skills to the highest professional standard.
You will develop your creative skills to become an aspirational floral designer. You will be provided with the business acumen to be successful at management level and to help you be an integral part of the floristry industry, driving it forward.
Educated to Merit at Level 3 in Floristry
5 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including English
Part-time: 2 years
25 days per year in blocks
What will I study?
The course is made up of 10 modules (or units) including:
- Botanical Concepts and Practices for Floristry
- Business Practices for Floristry
- Design Concepts for Floristry
- Floral Event Practices
- Historical Studies for Floristry
- Marketing and Promotion Practices for Floristry
- Technical Floristry Skills –Designs in Mediums
- Technical Floristry Skills – Design Trends
- Technical Floristry Skills –Tied Designs
- Technical Floristry Skills –Wired and Glued Designs
The course is assessed through a combination of integrated assignments, written and practical examination.
- Merit at City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Floristry or Advanced Technical Diploma in Floristry
- 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including English
- Florist shop owner
- Bespoke floral design
- Floral display
- Freelance florist
As a Higher Education student you will have two main costs to meet; your tuition fees and living costs. Tuition fees are charged for each academic year of a course and are set by the college annually. Visit the student finance pages on our website for the latest information on tuition fees.
You may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. Costing has been worked out to include registration, exam fees and certificate issue. Flowers for the practical exam are an additional cost at approximately £150.
Learners will supply their own flowers, foliage, sundries and accessories. A comprehensive range of foliage is available in Reaseheath grounds.
If learners are representing the institutution whilst working on a project off-site, a Reaseheath apron must be worn. Learners supply their own tools and equipment.
- The Professional Manual for Florists
- Dr Hessayon, The House Plant Expert
Publications by leading floral designers:
- Fusion Flowers magazine
A range of appropriate literature is available in the University Centre Reaseheath library.
- A windows compatible laptop (£300-£500)
- Digital camera (from £40) or a phone with a camera (from £9/month rental, approx. £150 refurbished to own and from £100 SIM unlocked to own)
- Digital photobook to present portfolio (£30-£50) or scrapbook (approx. £15 plus cost of photos printed off)
- USB memory stick (£5-£10) or hard drive (£26-£50) or cloud based digital storage space (usually on laptop)
- Boots/shoes that are covered/not open (from £20)
- Floristry toolbox essentials: knife, scissors, secateurs, oasis fix, bullion wire, stemtex/parafilm, pot tape, wires of a range of gauges purchasable from the online store (£110)
- A willingness to source a variety of mediums and decorative sundries to explore different design styles (approx. £10 per week)
- A Reaseheath apron, purchasable from the online store (£17)
- Supply of own flowers for designs each week (approx. £15- £40 per week, though foliage can be sourced from the grounds)
- Folding boot cart to transport materials from car to classroom (approx. £20)
Prices of equipment are subject to change dependent on retailer.
The Advanced Learner Loans could help you study on a course or support you in a change of career.
Tuition fee loans are now available to those aged over 19 years old and who wish to study at Level 4, to provide a clear route to develop high-level technical and professional skills.
Advanced Learner Loans have been introduced to help you pay for some or all of your tuition.
- You don’t pay back a penny until your income is over £25,000 a year
- No credit checks and a low interest rate
- Your household income isn’t taken into account
- Enhanced employability – fast-track your career
Who can apply?
To qualify for a loan you need to be:
- Starting a relevant course on or after 1st August 2019
- Aged 19 or over at the start of your course*
- Resident in the UK for the past 3 years
- A UK national or having “settled status” in the UK
- You can still apply for a loan if you are unemployed
*Subject to final Government confirmation
When you can apply?
You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan (formerly known as the 24+ Advanced Learning Loan) from May 2019 for courses starting on or after 1st August 2019. Please do not apply until you have received your Learning & Funding Information Letter from the college.
How to apply?
Visit the Student Finance England site.
All Higher Education students are given the opportunity to apply for residential accommodation. First year students are guaranteed accommodation and this offer is made to all applicants who live more than a reasonable daily travelling distance from Reaseheath and who apply before 31st July of the year they intend to start their course. For full details on our halls of residence visit the accommodation pages.
We have a team of dedicated professionals on hand to offer you support when and if you need it during your time with us. These include our Student Services team, Higher Education Support Team (HEST), Library and Learning Resources and the Reaseheath Careers Service. You will find more information on the support provided at Reaseheath here.
Before you apply you can come and visit us at one of our HE Open Events to see what we have to offer. Once we have received your application we will invite you to attend an Offer Holder Day.
Applications for full-time Degrees and Foundation Degrees are made through UCAS www.ucas.com. Applications for all other full-time courses such as Access to HE and Level 4 Diplomas should be made directly to Reaseheath via the online application form. You can find out more here.
I knew very early on that I had made the right decision in enrolling at Reaseheath. The tutors are all incredibly talented and nothing short of inspirational.
They encourage their students to dream big, to fulfil their potential. They have given me a springboard to incredible opportunities and the confidence to pursue my goals. Life shouldn’t be static, it should be about growth, development and change.
Karen Cope Level 4 Higher Diploma in Floristry