Our flexible initial teacher training courses are ideal for those who are new to teaching or wish to seek employment within a further education, adult or vocational setting.
If you want to make a difference by inspiring future generations, our expert teaching staff and supportive learning environment will enable you to fulfil the professional standards for FE teachers to the highest quality within your chosen career.
Our Level 5 teacher training course, validated by the University of Chester, provide the perfect stepping stone to further study at degree or Masters degree level, and offer a range of progression opportunities into employment.
The Level 4 CET, certified through City & Guilds, provides a great introduction to teaching and a perfect stepping stone to progress and complete the Level 5 teacher training course (with opportunity to apply for accredited prior learning).
The programmes also offer the unique opportunity to gain additional qualifications in ‘Assessing Competence in the Work Environment*’ and ‘Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment*’ whilst studying with us (*additional certification costs apply).
Career options within this sector include tutor assessor, internal verifier, industry trainer, progress tutor, lecturer/teacher or course manager in your chosen field.
Teaching can provide a varied and rewarding career while offering a range of great benefits including:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous pension schemes
- Excellent employment prospects and opportunities for career progression
- A generous holiday allowance
- Financial support for trainee teachers
5 Reasons to Study here…
- We pride ourselves on providing students with a supportive learning environment. With unique support available, we offer trainee teachers the opportunity to achieve GCSE English and Maths qualifications at Grade C or equivalent if required.
- Our expert teaching staff will help you to gain relevant experience in a range of environments to enable you to become a reflective, self-analytical, self-evaluative practitioner.
- Our unique campus boasts a range of top- class facilities and is particularly suited to those looking to teach in land-based, STEM or vocational friendly environments.
- Our flexible courses are well-suited to those wishing to change their career path by allowing students to balance study with existing work and life commitments.
- There are opportunities to carry out relevant work placements on-site (subject to suitability and availability) and our courses provide the perfect stepping-stone to further study or into employment.
We also offer a range of shorter Level 3 qualifications – visit www.reaseheath.ac.uk/teacher to find out more
“I loved my time as a student at Reaseheath and now it’s time to pass on my skills and experience. Completing my initial teacher training and working closely with my Subject Mentor have been instrumental in me becoming an Outstanding Practitioner at the college.”
Lucy Cosgriff Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website is correct, some details may be subject to change. University Centre Reaseheath accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
University Centre Reaseheath – Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 6DF
Tel: 01270 613284 | Email: UCR@reaseheath.ac.uk