Would you like to look around? Arrange a visit and see what University Centre Reaseheath can offer
Located in the bustling floral market town of Nantwich, South Cheshire, University Centre Reaseheath (UCR) offers both leading edge, industry-standard teaching facilities coupled with friendly, supportive staff in a beautiful setting. We pride ourselves on delivering both academic excellence and student satisfaction.
- Our degree programmes provide you with the opportunity to study a range of industry recognised Tertiary education qualifications.
- Awarded Silver in the 2019 Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF).
- We give priority booking to first year students (who make us their firm choice by the UCAS deadline), as well as international students.
- 90% of our students say they receive sufficient advice and guidance in relation to their course. Student Experience Survey 2018
- Overall student satisfaction for our Higher Education courses is at 86%. Student Experience Survey 2018
- We’ve invested over £80 million across campus in our state-of-the-art training facilities, including the Higher Education and Professional Development Centre.
- We’re one of the best in the country for student support (Outstanding, Ofsted Care Standards 2017) and our Access to Higher Education course is carefully designed to help students readjust to the learning environment.
- Working in close partnership with the University of Chester, we ensure that our students can progress on to a wide range of degree programmes.
Over recent years, over £80 million has been invested into on-campus facilities including, an equestrian centre, an industry leading food centre, new sports facilities, 200 bed student accommodation, agric-technology centre and a scientific horticultural facility, unique to the UK.
As a regional centre for agricultural education, our college farm has world class facilities. The working farm has a top of the range rapid exit milking parlour and anaerobic digester. It’s also home to the Reaseheath herd of pedigree high yielding Holsteins and youngstock. We have also recently installed a robotic milking system on our farm which automates aspects of our dairy herd management and provides a wealth of data and information to inform our farm management practices.
Animal Management Training Centre
Our specialist teaching centre includes an on-site zoo which houses over 1,000 animals, an aquatics and exotics centre, mammal house, laboratories and training facilities. Our award winning zoo has been expanded to include provisions for Reaseheath’s canine programmes such as kennelling facilities, commercial standard grooming parlours, dedicated outdoor all-weather canine training arena, plus a custom-built, covered training arena and a full set of competition quality dog agility equipment.
Reaseheath Equestrian Centre
With both indoor and outdoor riding arenas our Equestrian Centre caters for equine sports performance and rehabilitation with facilities including a mechanical horse, round pen, solarium, equissage and magnotherapy equipment as well as full laboratory facilities.
National Centre for Horticulture, the Environment and Sustainable Technology
Our innovative £8 million National Centre for Horticulture, the Environment and Sustainable Technology is one of the most modern glasshouse training facilities in the UK with its state-of-the-art glasshouse for food crop trials and research. It also houses a fully equipped science laboratory and CAD design studios. We are also soon to complete the installation of a vertical farm facility which is the largest installation in any UK educational establishment. The vertical farm runs on low-voltage LED lighting and will be powered by solar panels, with over 200 square metres of growing space. Innovations like this are driving the UK strategy for food security and sustainable methods of food production.
Reaseheath Food Centre
The centre boasts one of the best food processing halls in Europe. It is internationally renowned in the food and drink sector and is the only one of its kind to achieve BRC7 standard. It’s also the chosen training provider to the Eden International Dairy Academy and is the National Skills Academy for Food and Drink Centre of Excellence for Dairy.
You will have access to our campus sport facilities including high and low ropes courses, an indoor climbing wall, gym with Technogym equipment and a brand new 3G Pitch and Multi-Use Games Area (MUGA).
In addition to the facilities above, we have an on-site bar and social areas, several catering outlets, a library and learning resource centre and free Wi-Fi connection across the campus. We are also excited to have recently opened a new social space on campus exclusively for our UCR students called ‘The Courtyard’. It operates as a café during the day and a bar in the evening, providing you with a stylish space to socialise day and night.
Reaseheath offers a supportive learning environment with a focus on vocational provision. Our courses ensure that graduates leave with the knowledge, skills and qualifications that employers are looking for.
We support our students with:
- Small group teaching with high levels of individual support
- Lecturers with extensive industry experience
- High number of teaching hours with tutors
- Specialist facilities
- Opportunities for study tours overseas
- Strong links with employers
- Industry-relevant programmes that offer transferable skills
- Additional qualifications to further enhance your career prospects
Our degree programmes provide you with the opportunity to study a range of secondary qualifications. These specific qualifications are taken alongside your course and provide an opportunity to gain industry recognised qualifications.
Additional qualifications are specific to each subject area. Where possible we aim to provide these as part of your programme of study but a subsidised cost may be charged for some.
Employers often require industry specific qualifications in addition to a degree, so these practical qualifications can enhance career prospects and employability. They offer industry relevant skills and training that employers are looking for and offer graduates a leading position in a competitive jobs market.