Sustainability is at the heart of all we do at UCR, and we are truly passionate about helping to protect our planet for years to come. If you care about the earth we share too, and would like to live more sustainably as a student at UCR, why not follow our top ten tips below?
1. Turn lights off in classrooms and in your student accommodation when you leave the room.
2. Bring your own reusable takeaway food container to the canteen.
3. Read your learning materials online rather than printing them if possible.
4. Remember to bring your reusable bags for your weekly food shop.
5. Organise community clean-ups / litter picks.
6. Join the student Conservation society to get involved in key sustainability projects and share your ideas with other students.
7. Consider using our student transport service instead of driving to and from University Centre Reaseheath. Find out more about our transport service, and how to buy your bus pass, on our website at: Getting to University Centre Reaseheath.
8. Do extra research into sustainability in your free time and share your knowledge with other students to increase awareness and understanding across campus.
9. Buy environmentally friendly cleaning products to clean your accommodation.
10. Use a reusable water bottle and fill it up using our water machines on campus.
Sustainability. It’s in our nature.
Visit our blog listings page or view our latest blogs below.