UCR - University Centre Reaseheath
University Centre Reaseheath

Policies and Procedures

The following documents outline the policies and procedures operated by Reaseheath College and University Centre to provide an inclusive, accessible, safe and effective learning environment for its higher education students.

Student life - campus


University Centre Reaseheath’s Policies and Procedures can be found below.


Transferring courses to, from, or within University Centre Reaseheath (UCR)

UCR actively welcomes students wishing to transfer from other course providers, and we will do everything possible to facilitate smooth and successful transfer arrangements.

If you are considering a change of course or transfer within, from, or into UCR, advice and guidance is available which we strongly recommend you obtain before committing yourself to any change in your status, either with UCR or another course provider.

You can call the Admissions Team on 01270 613282 choosing any option.

You can email the Admissions Team at ucradmissions@reaseheath.ac.uk titling your email ‘Transfer Query’.

Transferring within UCR

If you are thinking about a change of course within UCR, please speak initially to your personal academic tutor (PAT). Others who can offer advice are Programme Leaders and Module Tutors. Mid-year transfers between courses are generally not available after the first 6 weeks due to the amount of work missed on new modules. So if you are thinking about transferring between courses early in the year, do bear this in mind and speak to someone as soon as possible.

Transferring into UCR

If you are currently studying elsewhere UCR would be very keen to welcome you, and we may be able to recognise your prior educational and experiential learning. This may allow you to transfer directly into a full time undergraduate course at UCR, or you may be exempt from specific modules on these or other courses. UCR is very pleased to take applicants for admission with APL (Accreditation of Prior Learning) and staff will be able to advise you on how your prior learning and/ or experience matches the course you are looking to study. Please contact our admissions team for more information.

Transferring to another course provider

If you decide that your course at UCR is not right for you, we want to help you make an appropriate alternative choice. Your PAT personal academic tutor (PAT) again should be your first point of contact. You may also find it useful to speak to our admissions team regarding the practicalities of transferring institution. If you are transferring after having completed and passed modules at UCR, we will be able to provide you with a transcript to give to your new institution, so that they can assess you for Accreditation of Prior Learning. We will also automatically ensure you get any interim award you are entitled to from your study, if you leave having reached a level where you have gained the required credit.

Students from outside the UK

Students from outside the UK who are studying on a Tier 4 Visa should seek advice from our admissions team before applying to transfer within or outside UCR, in order to ensure they comply with UK immigration rules.